Hondo ISD is a 4A school district serving approximately 1800 students in Medina and Frio counties. The district has 5 campuses: Hondo High School (grades 9-12), McDowell Middle School (grades 6-8), Woolls Intermediate School (grades 3-5), Meyer Elementary School (grades PK-2) and the Alternative Education Campus.
The District central administration office is located at 2604 Ave. E, Hondo, TX 78861.
Hondo ISD Beliefs
Hondo children come first.
Constant review and evaluation of current practices is essential for continued success.
The success of each student is the responsibility of students, their families, the district, and the community.
Environment is a key component to the educational process.
Each student will be prepared for successful real world experience.
Each staff member is valued and supported.
Hondo ISD has a rich tradition of excellence.
I. HISD will create a safe and student-centered culture grounded in authentic relationships and clear communication.
- provide opportunities for positive character development.
- promote community and family engagement.
- promote responsible digital citizenship for all users.
- develop, refine and utilize systems and tools to ensure a safe and civil environment.
- optimize methods to allocate resources that meet the district's prioritized needs while maintaining fiscal responsibility.
- promote student and staff attendance.
II. HISD will employ, grow, and retain quality staff.
- provide training and support for effective use of technology.
- utilize multiple methods for recruitment and retention of high quality personnel.
- inspire innovation, collaboration and intellectual risk-taking.
- design systems to promote and recognize growth in performance.
III. HISD will provide curriculum and instruction that meets the academic, social and emotional needs of all students.
- increase academic achievement for every student as indicated by growth measures in state and/or local assessments.
- provide opportunities that afford all students multiple avenues to actively engage and to demonstrate growth in academics and social-emotional wellness.
- provide learning opportunities for college and career readiness through real-world applications at all grade levels.
For Hondo’s Honor and Glory,
We will fight on.
We will be fighting when the day is done, and
when the dawn is breaking, we will still be fighting for the white and blue.
We will be loyal to you. Be True.
Fight ‘em Owls
Fight ‘em Owls
Fight Fight Fight